Thursday, February 26, 2009


Another month has almost past and for some it has been a very sad and emotional time. I think enough has been said with regards to the devastating bush fires in Victoria and floods in Queensland so many people affected it is sometimes hard to comprehend.
This week I have made 2 quilts to send for the bush fire relief. the first a quick raggy quilt and the second one strippy. I am sure they will be put to good use.

Also this month I made a library bag for my GD Kaitlyn. She cannot bring books home from school without a library bag so she ordered one in blues, and she loves it.

Some of my WIP's are finished as well. I had started this table runner just before Christmas and have now quilted and bound it ready for next Christmas.

This jelly roll quilt returned from the quilters early in December. I am so thrilled with the quilting Sue Blom has done, certainly made the quilt look not so bland. I finished the binding last week so another one out of the box. LOL.

Sunday, February 08, 2009

2nd. BOM's completed

These beautiful Blocks of the Month are addictive. I am really enjoying doing these and am pleased at how they are looking.

The first block fromBunny Hill Designs.

This one is from Gail Pan Designs

And this one from Ellies Quiltplace.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Another Hot Week

I guess everyone is saying the same thing it has been an extremly hot week and we are not over it yet. I think we forget sometimes especially people of my age, when I was much much younger, we had heat waves that would last for weeks with temperatures well over the 40 degrees without air conditioning units and we survived.
Despite the hot weather I have been able to get a bit of sewing done and another UFO finished.
Whilst I was doing the hand sewing Bobbin the cat was interested in trying to help.
This is a project I started well before Christmas with my friend Barbara a lot of hand sewing beads and sequences. Of course I did'nt get it finished so it was on my January list. I am pleased how it turned out.
I found this pattern for these coasters on the internet quite some time ago and a friend had shown me her coasters so I thought I would give them a go. I think they are very sweet and a project easily finished

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Not much happening this weekend however I did get to finish the applique on the "Fractured Fairy" that I had started at Quilt camp last year. The applique done on the machine seemed to take hours there are so many small pieces I am happy with the results though. I am glad that part is finished, now to get it ready for the borders and then the quilting.