Monday, December 15, 2008

I am still around

Christmas has arrived at the Power's House.






Although I have not blogged for a really long time I have not been idle.
I have been quite busy with lots of gifts to make and purchase for special friends. As a non driver I like to give a gift as a thank you to my many friends who so generously drive me each week to our various group meetings, without these wonderful people around me I would not be able to belong to the groups I belong to. They are all great friends.

Thread catchers and pin cushions to match.

Covered coat hangers and door cushions.


In November our new dining room setting arrived and I just love it. There is a large mirror to go up behind the dresser once the mirror frame has been painted.

I usually try to make a Christmas decoration or wall hanging each year for our home. This year I have made this cute Santa hanger from a pattern by Nancy Halvorsen. It was a mantle runner but we don't have a fire place mantle so I chose to do a elongated version to hang right here in the kitchen.

Recently I helped my Grand daughter Kaitlyn make this really cute cushion for her Mum. Her foot and handprints form the reindeer and I stitched it into a comfy cushion for her Mum's computer chair.

5 comments:

Arlette said...

Beautiful work and your pincushions turned out wonderful!
I would like to wish you a healthy, happy, and safe holiday season.
Mele Kalikimaka and Hauoli Makahiki Hou!
Aloha!

Helen said...

I have just been enjoying your blog, great decorations, I like to make something for christmas each year too, just kids at heart I think. Very nice dining setting and the santa wallhanging is terrific done that way.

Well done,

Helen

Helen said...

Your decorations are terrific Roz and such lovely gifts, well done.

Helen

Charmingdesigns said...

Thank you so much for letting me know!! I love your old sewing machines on top of your cabinet!! Laurie

Vicki ♥ said...

all your things you have made are just gorgeous!! I love the colours you choose and I was wondering what are door cushions? I cant zoom in on the picture to have a good look at them.

Your pin cushions and thread catchers are a wonderful idea too. Quite a few ladies have been making these little fabric baskets but to use them for thread catchers is a good idea. :)