Sunday, June 06, 2010

A new Grandbaby on the way...

Actually the baby will be here tomorrow. How exciting we have not had a wee baby in the family for 6 years. Cannot wait to hold this precious little bundle and she will be born on my birthday to top of a great day.
Sorry I have been missing in action for soooooo long. I had not realised that my last posting was way back in February where has the time gone.
I have been busy doing lots of things for the new arrival. My daughter will be bringing her new little one home in the layette my Mum knitted for her 36 years ago but the bonnet and booties were missing so lucky for me my dear old Mum still had the knitting book so I was able to complete the layette. I am not a knitter (my Mum was the best knitter but now being 86 years old and with alzheimers she does not do anything these days) however I muddled through the pattern and am very pleased with my efforts.


I have also knitted this little outfit this was my first effort at knitting baby clothes. I only hope the baby is not too big this would almost fit a baby doll.


A little rabbit that I also knitted with some help from a few friends. This one really had the brain working hard. I don't think I am real good at reading patterns but still I am happy that I have tried this and did enjoy the knitting once I could fathom the patterns. My knitting has only been knitting scarves and very simple things.


Apart from all the knitting I have also been helping Danielle to decorate the babies room.
She chose not to decorate the room babiesh but more girly like. At least knowing that the baby is a girl made things a little easier. Danielle chose this beautiful range of fabrics which we purchased at "The Cottage on the Hill" at Nundle whilst we were there over the Easter break. I have made cushions, curtains, a cot quilt and a single bed quilt.



I loved making the cushions. This rose one with the chenille is my favourite.

A close-up of the fabric rose I love making these


The cot and single bed quilts are still being made. The cot quilt below has now been quilted just waiting for the binding. The pink chenille has been included in the cot quilt as a border and appliqued flowers.

The single bed quilt a work in progress


I have been doing lots of other things besides baby items but will post on another day.
Just focusing on the new arrival at present.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, how exciting.
The knitting looks perfect you did a great job and all of the cushion are just gorgeous, is the quilt in Moda's Martinique as it's a pretty fabric, cant wait to see the next lot of photoes, maybe one of bubs?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, how exciting.
The knitting looks perfect you did a great job and all of the cushion are just gorgeous, is the quilt in Moda's Martinique as it's a pretty fabric, cant wait to see the next lot of photoes, maybe one of bubs?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, how exciting.
The knitting looks perfect you did a great job and all of the cushion are just gorgeous, is the quilt in Moda's Martinique as it's a pretty fabric, cant wait to see the next lot of photoes, maybe one of bubs?

miss~nance said...

Wow this is going to be one very pretty babies room. Well done and congratulations. ANd happy birthday .


Hugs & Blessings
Gail