Saturday, February 08, 2014

Binding and a quilt finally finished.

Yes it is finished. I stitched for several hours last night and this morning to get the binding finished on this huge quilt. The work coleauge that it was made for will be returning from England in March so it will be a lovely surprise for her after almost 3 years although she was in no hurry.
If you have not read the blog post from way back the blue and white fabrics used are about 30 years old purchased in Paris. I guess you could say she definitly was in no hurry.

4 comments:

Rosie said...

The quilt is beautiful and I love the colours. Thanks for stitching with me on Friday night.

CathyC said...

so lovely :) visiting from FNwF :)

Maria said...

So beautiful!

Fiona said...

This quilt is just beautiful... and I love the story behind the fabrics... a lovely make and a beautiful way to show off those pretty fabrics...

Hugz